Wednesday 10th October
SA Hand Surgery Society Annual Meeting
Wednesday 10th October 2018
Adelaide Convention Centre
The South Australian Hand Surgery Society Annual Conference is going to be held at the Adelaide Convention Centre on Wednesday 10th October 2018.
The meeting is the only forum in South Australia for those interested in the upper limb. This meeting is open to those involved in plastics, orthopaedics including trainees, hand therapists and allied health specialists.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Dr Michael McCleave,
President SAHSS and Convenor 2018 Annual Meeting
The Royal Adelaide Hospital
Professor Steven Hovius
Hand Surgeon, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Emeritus Director, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Hand Surgery at the Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, Netherlands.
Professor Hovius has published more than 250 articles, 30 book chapters, and has been editor of 3 books. He is passionate about teaching and has supervised 52 PhD theses and was the founder of the Skills lab at the Erasmus University Medical Centre.
Due date: Friday 14th September 2018
Abstracts can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract Format – General Guidelines
The abstract should provide sufficient information to allow the reader to assess fully the aims, methods, results and implications of the work undertaken. The abstract should include the following sections:
- Introduction – the purpose of the study and a brief overview of relevant literature/current state of research in the field
- Methods – a short explanation of data collection and processing
- Results – presented in the form of text, graphics or tables
- Discussion – major findings and conclusions from the work including implications for further research.
It is important that methods and results are clearly defined in the abstract; therefore, general statements such as "results will be presented" are not acceptable.
Layout - Microsoft Word.doc format
- Portrait orientation
- Margins are all to be 20mm
- Text should be single spaced
- Font should be ARIAL typeface and 12 point character size
Title and Author
At the beginning of the abstract please include within the rectangular space described previously and each on a new line:
- The title (upper case)
- The name(s) of the author(s) - please omit university degrees and titles eg John Smith, Mark Black etc
- The name of the presenter to be underlined
- Affiliation(s), city and country - please omit street address and postcode
- Leave one line before commencing the body of the text
Section Headings & Paragraphs
- The title of each section is to be in uppercase bold and left justified
- Leave a 6-space indentation at the beginning of each new paragraph
- Graphs, tables and references may be used throughout the abstract but must remain within the defined one-page limit
SAHSS is not registered for GST and therefore all fees are GST free.
6.30 pm onwards
The Dinner will be held in the city and the location will be advised shortly. Please advise your intention to attend and any dietary requirements upon registration.